Black Lambs UNION - CLOSERS Online Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Kei
PlezSol
Sausage
7 posters

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS

Sausage
    Sausage
    Novice
    Novice

Name In Game : Sausage

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS Empty Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS

Post by Sausage 9/4/2013, 1:03 pm

Yo~

The meat man is here with a Santa sack full of goodies for the good boys and girls waiting for Closers. Someone bilingual in Korean and English was kind enough translate a recent interview with the developers of Closers online. I'll cut out what I feel are the highlights, but if you wish, you can read the entire translation here.

On PvP:

"Naddic Games is developing Closers Online that is a 3D Sidescroll RPG game. they added MOBA's Strategy as a mode in closers online. it is first time to add MOBA Mode in Sidescroll RPG game in south korea... they wanted to give motivations to people who love characters and stories. we want to show MOBA's fun strategy not only PvP. Each character has each own story. so it is different from typical Sidescroll Games focusing on only combat."

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS I1171049659

"I think we made the sidescroll action game with MOBA genre for the first time. unlike others, we want to bring game's rule classically. combat system is completely different but rule is classic so people will be able to adapt themselves to the game easily.

You can't win PvP game if opponents are too good in most games. but even if you are bad at control in closers, you can win the game with good strategy."

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS I1869002749

"we will never bring characters attributes and balance of dungeon in PvP. and there will be DNA manipulation system in closers like League of legend's rune and trait. those stuff will drop in dungeon"

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS I2733348885

"you can choose many different skills with one character. For example, Seul bi character can be defensive, offensive, balanced character. completely different character with different skills. it is not finished yet so we will explain of them in the future."

On the teased 5th character:

"5th character will come out. this character uses lancer (spear). a boy wearing short pants. he looks like a girl. concept is male kid but we emphasized cute image of him. those 5 characters are the black sheep team. we will develop new rival team in the future."

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS I2792691684

Other shenanigans:

First one is that combat is way different from other sidescroll games. 80 frames per second. very precise combat happens. combat tempo is way different from other games... it is operation frame not rendering frame. if you do hit calculation many times quickly, the amount of frame that are missed are reduced so you can calculate more precisely. more faster and many when you do multi-hit.

[About the transition between static and dynamic camera] "We call this map vector map. this part was inspired by console game 'Viewtiful Joe'. if angle is changed, even if it is sidescroll, it shows background very abundantly without interrupting the control. I consulted the tekken many times. also camera angle in tekken is completely changed when you do some attack. it shows me great production ability."

Finally:

"We will do First CBT on the end of 2013."
    PlezSol
    PlezSol
    Soldier
    Soldier

Name In Game : SouHardt

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS Empty Re: Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS

Post by PlezSol 9/4/2013, 10:47 pm

Cool
    Sausage
    Sausage
    Novice
    Novice

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS Empty Re: Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS

Post by Sausage 9/7/2013, 2:39 am

PlezSol wrote:Cool
    Indeed!

I'll keep this post short since I have a lot of things to do at the moment, but I don't wanna forget to share the latest news. There were two long-ish interviews done with the Closers devs. There aren't any pretty translations available at the moment, so you'll have to stick with what Google gives you.

http://www.thisisgame.com/webzine/news/nboard/4/?n=49262
    http://www.thisisgame.com/webzine/news/nboard/4/?n=49262

For anyone itching to see the mysterious 5th character, here's the cute little guy in all his glory. And yes. He is a guy.

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS 20130904140634_1014

Finally, here's a YouTube video of the unique MOBA-type PvP mode in Closers.

Kei
    Kei
    Black Lambs Rookie
    Black Lambs Rookie

Name In Game : Airi

Post by Kei 9/7/2013, 11:41 am

Traps.
    Sausage
    Sausage
    Novice
    Novice

Post by Sausage 12/8/2013, 8:35 pm

Something kinda neat to give you an idea of how far Closers is coming along: It seems that some lucky folks got to play Closers in an extremely limited and extremely closed beta testing phase held at certain cafes and locations picked by Naddic around their development office in Korea. That puts Naddic right on track to deliver on their promise to have a public (but probably still closed) release before March.

I'm just hoping they don't implement that ridiculous Korean citizenship verification so those of us who don't live there can get in on the action Razz

Also, here's some fun fan art!

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS BaytaBnCIAA6S42

Freakin' traps.

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS Ba-823nCQAA45q0

Closers can have slumber parties too!

~Sausage
    Liftan
    Liftan
    Soldier
    Soldier

Name In Game : Tamer

Post by Liftan 12/16/2013, 12:19 am

hold up a sec, Ranger had a robot arm!

i suppose its still nice but adding the robot arm would be better.
    The Alpaca
    The Alpaca
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by The Alpaca 12/16/2013, 2:47 pm

Awesome
    Nephenyx
    Nephenyx
    Soldier
    Soldier

Name In Game : senritsu

Post by Nephenyx 12/16/2013, 6:05 pm

Why would Ranger have a robot arm? 0.0
    Liftan
    Liftan
    Soldier
    Soldier

Post by Liftan 12/17/2013, 1:28 am

Nephenyx wrote:Why would Ranger have a robot arm? 0.0

See that banner at the top of the page and in the gameplay vids? I see a robot arm.

Her sword arm.
    Nephenyx
    Nephenyx
    Soldier
    Soldier

Name In Game : senritsu

Post by Nephenyx 12/17/2013, 1:29 am

B-but the trailers...?! D:
    Liftan
    Liftan
    Soldier
    Soldier

Post by Liftan 12/17/2013, 1:44 am

Nephenyx wrote:B-but the trailers...?! D:

...You are right. So i guess she wears it over her regular arm?  when i see a pic of it, it looks far too skinny tho. We need more info on her arm!

yep just watched the trailer again, seems she wears it over her arm.

Honestly i really just wanted her to have a robot arm >.>
    darkwerwolf
    darkwerwolf
    Captain
    Captain

Name In Game : DarkWerWolf

Post by darkwerwolf 12/18/2013, 12:11 pm

Liftan wrote:...You are right. So i guess she wears it over her regular arm?  when i see a pic of it, it looks far too skinny tho. We need more info on her arm!

yep just watched the trailer again, seems she wears it over her arm.

Honestly i really just wanted her to have a robot arm >.>

Unlike other members from the squad, who have been honing their skills from an early age, Yuri is still having trouble putting her abilities to use. As a result she flights with the aid of a specially designed protector and various firearms while she keeps progressing through her topological tests.

im guessing that is the robo-arm
    Sausage
    Sausage
    Novice
    Novice

Post by Sausage 12/21/2013, 8:21 pm

O hai!

Update on Closers PvP and other SHENANIGANS Closers-First-private-test-notice

That ultra selective testing phase for Closers I mentioned earlier started today! It doesn't mean anything for us of course, but it's fun to imagine that somewhere (ok, you know it's in Korea but roll with it for melodrama's sake) in this big, wide world, some lucky person is playing Closers with a smile on their face Smile

Btw, these are the lucky mofos:

Click if you're a stalker:

inviation, lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 5:43 am